Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Another attempt at the caramel.

The caramel that I made last night tasted great but didn't look very appetizing. So I made another one today and did it on the stove in a pot.

It is really good with apples!
The time was a whole lot shorter,only took 2 1/2 hours, instead of the 8 hours that the cock pot took.


All you do is fill your pot up with water.

Put your can of sweetened condensed milk in the pot (be sure you peel the label off and get the glue cleaned off also.)

Boil it for 2 1/2 hours. Be sure to check on it to make sure that your can is completely covered in water.

Let the can completely cool before try to open it. It will burn you, I learned the hard way last night. OUCH. :)
Eryn approved!

1 comment:

Kim Mayhall said...

I've made this many times. I've always put it in a graham cracker crust & put cool whip on top to make a pie out of it. Of course you keep it in the fridge. My sis in law puts mini choco chips on top of the cool whip.