Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hungarian Potato Soup

I love this recipe. I didn't bring the cook book that has the recipe in it to Greenland. I had a blonde moment! Thankfully, www.cook.com  came to my rescue! This is a neat website with some great recipes on it.



1/2 c. chopped onion
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
4 med. potatoes, peeled & diced
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. flour
1 1/2 tbsp. paprika
1 c. sour cream
2 1/2 c. milk

Saute onion in butter and olive oil until tender. Add the potatoes, salt and 2 cups water. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until tender. Blend flour, paprika and sour cream until smooth and stir into the potato mixture. Add milk and heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Cook for about 1 minute. Season to taste.
I did change some things in the recipe when I made it. I put about half of the paprika that it called for. And I only used 3 Tbsp of butter and no olive oil, to me that was going to be way to greasy with all that oil.  It turned out great with the changes I did. So just experiment and see which one works for you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great title for a blog! Look forward to reading about what you're cooking up! :) Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Thank you! And a Happy New Year to you also.

Rachel said...

sounds delicious! My family loves potatoe soup. I call it a comfort food. So warm and tastey on a cold winter day.

Look forward to reading your blog (I'm now a follower) and learn about your life in Greenland.

Stop by and visit me in Estonia
winklerfamilyupdate.blogspot.com

Blessings to you!