Friday, October 7, 2011

Chili

                  
 The weather here in Greenland  is getting really cold! So I will be making more soups and chili. My chili is simlpe but my family loves it, so I thought I would share my recipe.

2 cans pinto beans
2 cans tomato paste (16oz)
1 can corn (of 1/2 pkg of frozen corn)
1/4 cup bell pepper
1 small onion, chopped
A clove of garlic, chopped
1 pound hamburger meat
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
chili powder (to taste)

I like to use my crock pot for my chili, it makes clean up a lot easier!

So you brown the hamburger meat with the onion and the garlic, drain it, and combine all the ingredients in the crock pot. Cook it on low for a couple of hours.  It's that simple and it's the ultimate comfort food.



Also the leftover chili makes great chili nachos! All you do is spread a bag of nachos on a baking sheet, pour the chili over the nachos and sprinkle cheese on top and bake on 350 until the cheese is bubbly!

ENJOY!

No comments: